June 19, 2007

Menur's Top10 Favorite Authors

These are the names whose literary works had gave a strong influence on me, personally or professionally -if i could consider my writing works as 'professional'. Well. Nope. I don't think so, I don't think it's professional as I have not earn anything from it. Hmmmmm. ~~

Oh well. ~~; Go check it out^^

1. Arundhati Roy
2. Roald Dahl
3. Rudyard Kipling
4. Charles Dickens
5. Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
6. Alexander McCall Smith
7. Dee
8. Oka Rusmini
9. Yoshikawa Eiji
10.Louisa May Alcott

no.1 and no.5 is the examples that I am going to bring out if I had to make a presentation on how Indian modern literary works had developed to this extend.
no.1 and no.3 had introduced me to a certain style that I consider as 'the only style that cater to the way I want to write',and no.3 brought stories and explanations that I could never thought of before.
no.2,3,4 and 6 reminded me of values and atmosphere that was once there when I was a kid; and thanks to them, I determined to keep it alived in my writings as well as in my life.
no.7 proved that creativity in using language can go together with grammar correctness, and that 'puisinisasi sains' was not something I dream about; she actually did it!
no.8 brought out a message of feminism and culture that I can deeply related to, and I score 3rd place on National Essay Writing Competition for writing an in-depth comment on her work -still my biggest achievement so far.
And no.9 proved that you can be narrative too on writing historical events. And touches someone's heart.

For these names I gave my deepest respect and salution... and I appreciate every single way they did to touch ones with their works. Even if it just another form of Sunday entertainment

No comments: